« Another one bites the dust | Main | Transformation »

March 11, 2007

And now for some socks

Last Wednesday at Stitch 'n Bitch Fryslân I started something new. I know, I haven't really finished anything lately, but I felt a sudden urge to start a pair of socks for myself and I just couldn't resist.

Vintage_socks.jpg

It's a pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, called Evening Stockings for a Young Lady. Sounds nice, right? I'm doing a sock version, I don't have enough yarn to do long stockings. The yarn is Fortissima Jeans in color #5, which I got some years ago. I don't know if it is still being made. I really like the way the color is almost solid.

You don't have to be afraid though that my future child won't have enough hand knits! Of course I will finish the things I already started and maybe more, but other people have been knitting too! Here's a sneak peek of something my mother is making:

Strawberry.jpg

When it's finished, I'll be sure to show you the whole set!

And at SnB Wednesday, one of the girls gave me these:

White_booties.jpg

Aren't they adorable? I was really surprised when she handed me these. Thank you so much!

Back to knitting for me now ;) Have you seen the fantastic Fair Isle Sweater V from Spin | Knit designed and knitted? Go check it out over here! I would love to knit that sweater, maybe even in those exact colors. I thought I wasn't fond of those round Islandic-type yokes, but I really love this one. I hope V will write a pattern for it....

Oh, and the flower in the last blog entry is a hyacinth!

Posted by saartje at March 11, 2007 10:06 PM

Comments

Prachtige nieuwe sokken heb je op de pennen gezet! En ja, die kleine sokjes zijn echt lief!

Posted by: froukje at March 11, 2007 11:47 PM

The booties are so adorable! Your sock is looking great, and I really like that colour. Can't wait to see the set your mom is making - it's looking really cute so far (looks like that might be a little hat).

Posted by: Shelley at March 12, 2007 2:47 AM

It's hard to resist the lure of pretty socks, isn't it? ;) That's a design I've been eyeing to knit too.

Posted by: Yuki at March 12, 2007 5:15 AM

Saartje, heerlijk om zo verwend te worden en inderdaad:.. wat een prachtige trui!

Posted by: Marijgje at March 12, 2007 8:01 AM

The pattern shows up very nicely in the sock yarn you chose. And the baby things are so adorable!

Posted by: Marijke at March 12, 2007 9:16 AM

Dag Saartje, ik reageer hier voor het eerst maar heb regelmatig gekeken. Bij Berthi zag ik je naam, vandaar !
Nu heb ik een vraagje over het patroon van de gebreide bloem die hier voor kort nog stond. Heb je dat niet meer want ik wil het graag maken. Na een tijd zoeken had ik het pas weer hier teruggevonden. Nu ik het materiaal bij elkaar had gezocht is het jammer genoeg weg. Kan jij mij helpen !?

Posted by: marian'ne m at March 12, 2007 11:05 AM

I love the colour of those socks, and you're right, that's a very beautiful fair isle sweater.

Speaking of which, have you seen Eunny knits (http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/) latest creation? I think it's just breathtaking. I can't wait till her pattern becomes available.

Posted by: Nicole at March 12, 2007 7:00 PM

That sock pattern is nice. I'd like to make longer socks than most patterns show but I am always afraid of running out of yarn.

The baby things your mom is making look so nice. I look forward to seeing the whole set!

Posted by: Marie N. at March 12, 2007 7:51 PM

For the new baby on the way - try Fiber Trends - they have a felted sheep toy that knits in one piece and you can use just about any felting wool to create different types/sizes. I have this pattern if you try and can't find it. Very cute and cuddly - minimal finishing.

Posted by: Randi at March 14, 2007 1:55 AM

Yummy socks! That color is gorgeous!
I think the only thing almost as exciting as having a baby is knowing someone that is!! Congratulations and I hope that you receive many more beautiful and love filled surprises.

Posted by: Heather at March 14, 2007 10:33 PM

are there also " day socks for an old lady" ;-0

Posted by: astrid persons at March 17, 2007 3:44 PM

Prachtige trui! Maar je sokken zijn ook mooi, model én kleur.

Posted by: yvonnep at March 18, 2007 12:31 PM