« Knitting mittens | Main | Blanket »

April 19, 2008

Still knitting

Hi everyone, it's me again! I can't believe it's been this long since I updated the blog, sorry about that. Everything is fine, I've been knitting a lot, but somehow I just didn't feel like blogging at all... And then days turned into weeks and well.... Today I visited the Spring market at the Waldorf School in Meppel, and I ran into Marijgje (who hasn't updated her blog since February 7, by the way...), one of the girls from SnB Leeuwarden, and talking to her did it: I'm blogging again!

So: what have I been up to, knitting-wise? First of all, my latest FO:

Jurkje1.jpg

A little dress for Lotte from this pattern by Tora Frøseth (also available as a Ravelry download). I really like the way it came out.

Jurkje2.jpg

Although the pattern is quite straightforward, I managed to mess up the yoke three times, just because I didn't pay attention. I'm glad I persevered. I used some Drops Alpaca I had lying around. Details on Ravelry later.

On a different note, did you know Ikea now is selling cases for dpns?

Ikea_needlecase1.jpg

Well, ignorant as they are, they call them something like 'multi media holder', but we all know better, don't we?

Ikea_needlecase2.jpg

I can't seem to find it on the Ikea website, I guess it isn't there yet, being a new item. Anyway, I'm very happy with my new dpn case!

Posted by saartje at April 19, 2008 11:12 PM

Comments

I love the color of Lotte's dress!
LOL about how Ikea thinks the DPN case is called a media holder.

I've really enjoyed reading your blog since I found it a couple of months ago.

Happy Saturday!

Jamie.

Posted by: jamie at April 20, 2008 2:46 AM

Hello Saartje,

I'm so glad you have blogged again as I've been checking for weeks (months.) I love Lotte's dress and I think I'll make one one day (for future grandchildren!) I also loved all those mittens you made.

Posted by: Elizabeth Durie at April 20, 2008 3:49 AM

hey, welcome back! that's an extremely adorable dress.

Posted by: emily at April 20, 2008 4:17 AM

Hi! I'm glad you're back-I've missed you! Just wanted to say how ADORABLE both your little girl and her new dress are. And thanks for the tip on IKEA needle cases...I'll have to stalk their website until those come up since I don't have IKEA anywhere near where I live.

Posted by: Melissa at April 20, 2008 5:11 AM

I just LOVE those Ikea cases! I bought 3 - 1 for at home, 1 for travelling with me, and 1 extra. They hold 4 sets of dpns in different sizes, scissors, tape, st markers, all sorts of stuff. I only wish they came in more colours besides traffic light shades...

Posted by: Glenna at April 20, 2008 6:06 AM

Ha Saartje, ook ik miste je en maakte me wel een beetje zorgen Had je nog eens gemailed via Ravelry. Fijn dat je er weer bent en dat het goed gaat!
Heb je de prachtige tasjes van Marijgje gezien op de markt? Ze zijn zo mooi!!!!!
Het jurkje van Lotte is geweldig. Staat haar goed en leuk ontwerp.
Kom je weer eens meebreien??

Posted by: Tijm at April 20, 2008 8:22 AM

What a lovely little dress, and gorgeous colour too! Welcome back!

Posted by: terhi at April 20, 2008 8:49 AM

Hallo Saartje, wat fijn om weer een log van je te lezen. Ik ben je blijkbaar misgelopen op school. Al had ik een vermoeden dat je er was omdat ik, op weg naar buiten om weg te gaan, een kinderwagen zag staan waarin een dekentje lag die me wel heel bekend voorkwam.

Wat een prachtig jurkje! De kleur vind ik prachtig en het staat haar zo mooi.

Ik hoop gauw weer meer dingen van je te zien!

Posted by: Hannah at April 20, 2008 9:49 AM

I love that top! Off to add it to my queue...

Posted by: Emily at April 20, 2008 10:46 AM

So glad to hear about you! I´ve been checking out your site so often, and have always disappointed to see no new post. Lotte´s dress looks very nice.

Posted by: Leena at April 20, 2008 12:34 PM

Leuk om weer eens een blogitem van jou te zien! En wat is Lotte groot geworden in die tijd zeg - ze is al bijna een peuter. Schattig jurkje, staat haar ook goed, die kleur.

Posted by: Cybèle at April 20, 2008 1:13 PM

That is such a sweet baby dress! And I just bought that exact same case last week! It's perfect!

Posted by: Theresa at April 20, 2008 1:29 PM

Hey, good to have you back. The little dress is adorable. Drops Alpaca seems like a very good choice.

Posted by: Marijke at April 20, 2008 4:35 PM

I love your new FO! All that texture at the yoke is wonderful! And I got one of those Ikea needle cases too! I'm so glad they're expanding into knitting supplies.

Posted by: Amanda at April 20, 2008 4:36 PM

Love the dress! It's adorable!

I'll have to look out for those "media holders" when I'm at IKEA next time. I wonder if they have made it to my IKEA in Long Island!

Posted by: Jen at April 20, 2008 6:00 PM

Welcome back on the net! Nice dress and a good idea, the DPN-case

Posted by: Angelique at April 20, 2008 9:37 PM

Hello!
Beautiful dress, I will most certainly make one of these! And your bootees pattern is also great, I came over it by chance looking through a flickr group called Brooklyn Tweed - that's also how I came across your blog. I hope you don't mind my listing you as a link on my blog. Have a look at it here: http://thorvalda.blogspot.com. It's in Norwegian, but as a dutch I wouldn't be surprised if you understand quite a bit.

Posted by: thorvalda at April 20, 2008 9:50 PM

Hooray for Waldorf schools! Anyway, that new dress is just really, really precious, so adorable.

Posted by: Heather at April 20, 2008 11:51 PM

Welcome back to your blog! Please stay because your so inspiring and I love to see what you make and what you have to say.

Beautiful dress.

Debbie

Posted by: Debbie at April 21, 2008 4:59 AM

hoi saartje,
blij je weer te lezen. gelukkig gaat alles goed met jullie en zo te zien is je dochter nog steeds een wereldwondertje in haar mooie jurkje.
groetjes marion uit alkmaar (van de breiwinkel in bergen)

Posted by: marion at April 21, 2008 6:52 AM

I love the baby dress. I have already in my Ravelry queue.

Posted by: malglam at April 21, 2008 10:35 AM

HI Saartje, good to know everything is ok at your place! Don’t we all know there is times when “life” is just more important than blogging?! Lotte has grown a lot and is too adorable in this dress. Hoping to read again from you soon! I want to get something for my needles form ikea, too, but more like a vase to put them on my desk in my new craft room. If they only knew they are selling knitting supplies they could start selling yarn…

Posted by: Tina at April 21, 2008 1:35 PM

Welcome back... we've missed you!

Posted by: dan at April 21, 2008 3:09 PM

So glad to see you're back in blogland! That little dress is adorable! Everyone around here has been having boys, lately, so hopefully I'll get an opportunity to knit for a little girl soon.

Posted by: kerry at April 21, 2008 7:28 PM

I'm glad to read your words and see your knitted creations again. The dress is darling!

Posted by: Marie N. at April 21, 2008 9:54 PM

i love the dress, it's beautiful!

Posted by: mai at April 22, 2008 6:23 AM

hey good to have you back (I've not been blogging either... oh well, it happens) I was just taking my sewingmachine out of the closet to make a dpn holder, but I'm having second thoughts now...
Great job on the dress, I've got some DROPS alpaca lying around and lots of girl baby's around...hmm, where does this one go in the list...?

Posted by: saskia at April 22, 2008 9:22 AM

Wat een mooi jurkje! Eenvoudig patroon, maar o zo mooi :) Geweldige tip.. en weer een excuus om bij de IKEA binnen te wippen, je kunt nooit teveel naaldenetui's hebben ;)

Posted by: ZhiWen at April 22, 2008 10:49 AM

Ha Saartje, wat fijn weer een blog en ja hoor, ik zit nu ook klaar met mijn foto-geheugenkaartje, ready to start a new blog! kennelijk werkt dat net even stimulerend. Wat een geweldig leuk jurkje draagt Lotte, dat prachtige meissie draagt het ook zo mooi! Die kleur Drops is zo mooi he, Siem heeft daar een clapotis van ,ook zo mooi. Ennu, op naar IKEA? Voor rondbreinaalden kun je mooi een cd(-rom) opbergmapje gebruiken, netjes in een hoesje.

Posted by: Marijgje at April 22, 2008 6:43 PM

happy to read you again !
it's funny, i've knit the same dress 2 weeks ago ! yours is absolutly lovely !

Posted by: nadia at April 22, 2008 7:32 PM

Welcome back! We've missed seeing your knitting and your lovely photos.

Posted by: eyesofblue at April 22, 2008 7:32 PM

That little dress is soo cute! I'm going to find some yarn right away to cast on... BTW, is that IKEA case long enough to hold 8 inch DPN's?

Posted by: Jill P. aka oboegoddess at April 22, 2008 8:27 PM

Hallo Saartje, long time no see maar hier ben je dan weer, welkom terug. Prachtig jurkje voor een prachtige dochter dacht ik zo.
En wat een goed idee inderdaad van Ikea haha!

Posted by: Siem at April 23, 2008 9:09 AM

Hooray! You're back! Baby Girl is sitting up and looking swell in that dress. It's darling and I like the color very much.

Welcome back!

Posted by: Rani at April 23, 2008 4:49 PM

Lovely to see how Lotte is growing. Welcome back!

Posted by: Joan at April 23, 2008 10:54 PM

Hello, I'm happy you're here again!
I've been checking now and then, but I understand, sometimes I don't feel blogging too... well not for so long... anyway, great news from Ikea then, I've to go there for other stuff, but I'll search for this, hoping they distribute it in Italy as well.
Was there also a bigger case, for straight needles?
Well in fact I could use my imagination...
bye!!

Posted by: Stefania at April 24, 2008 2:11 PM

Welkom terug!O,wat een mooi jurkje je heeft gebreid!

Posted by: famu at April 26, 2008 4:00 PM

adorable!!!!!!!

Posted by: kosenrufu mama at April 26, 2008 6:42 PM

What a pretty dress, nice color. Lotte looks darling in it! She's so cute!

Posted by: domesticshorthair at April 27, 2008 1:36 PM

hi , i have only just discovered your web site and am now desperate for the pattern for your stunning bear claw knitted rug pattern . hope you can help . see ya , kellie

Posted by: kellie at June 4, 2008 7:21 AM

what a wonderfull dress !!!!! and a wonderfull baby of course ...

Posted by: joline-103 idées at June 15, 2008 12:33 PM

The ikea usa site shows the "flort" cases:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10138083 ,

but you have to purchase them in-store.

You have a very nice blog!

Posted by: deb at June 17, 2008 11:21 PM